“Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
This is Hebrews 11:3 and I find it very thought-inspiring. Here are some thoughts:
1) “It is by faith we understand.” Faith is frequently put in opposition to thinking and logic. “Leaps of faith” are taken out into the dizzying heights of unknowing. Faith is a crutch for weak-minded morons. Yet the Bible says faith is how we understand.
2) Faith is specifically how we understand that the world was made. It does not come by pithy video productions about the origins of dinosaurs and how Darwin was an idiot. It is by preaching the Word that a man comes to believe that God created the world. Don’t put the cart before the horse, you uber-creationistas.
3) God took what was unseen and made it seen, the supernatural trumps the natural. The supernatural, eternal God created stuff in time demonstrating that the supernatural will always prevail. Living for physical things falls short of God’s intention, which was to point your eyes to the unseen not to the seen.
4) Since the supernatural created the natural, let us always remember that the supernatural can intervene in the natural at any time.
5) What you do in your life today means nothing unless it lasts for eternity. The unseen lasts longer than the seen; live accordingly.