This is a list of questions I had a couple of pastor’s answer.
Go here for Jeff Weddle’s answers
Name: Alastair McCollum (The Rev’d, apparently)
Church: The Five Alive Mission Community
Location: Dalwood, Kilmington, Shute with Whitford, Stockland and Yarcombe, East Devon, England
1) How do the qualifications for a pastor in 1 Timothy 3 make you feel?
Glad that this work is by grace and not in my own strength. Wondering what exactly being ‘serious’ means – assuming it means serious of purpose rather than lacking humour – and wondering how much wine is too much!
2) What criticism of you are you most grateful for having heard?
That I needed to take more time pastoring and less being a theologian.
3) What question are you tired of being asked?
Why aren’t you at OUR church more often? (I have five fellowships I serve)
4) What Bible character ticks you off the most?
None, I think we learn as much by the bad examples in Scripture as the good.
5) If your next sermon were your last, what passage would you preach on?
John 3 v 16
6) When are you happiest as a pastor?
7) How many Bibles can you see from where you are sitting?
8) What word would your wife use to describe you on a Sunday afternoon?
Tired, and probably ‘unhelpful’
9) What question would you like to hear other pastors answer?
How do you fit everything in to a week and not feel like you’ve achieved very little!
10) What biblical miracle would you most like to do?
Slowing down time
11) If there was only one point you could convey to your church, what would it be?
God loves you, and those outside the Church so get out and let them know about it.
12) What’s one thing you really hope you get to do when you get to heaven?
Worship God, a lot.