Not So Lucky Potluck

State health officials have confirmed that a 73-year-old woman from Longville died Sunday of complications from an E. coli infection after she ate contaminated food at a church supper in July.

“We think primarily what happened was there were a number of illnesses associated with eating potato salad or another cold salad (at the church) that became cross-contaminated with the ground beef that was used to make meatballs,” said Doug Schultz, a spokesman for the Minnesota Department of Health.

One more reason to stay home when your church has another potluck dinner.

%d bloggers like this: